4 ounces diced Salt & Time pancetta
2 tbsp EVOO
1 pound asparagus, woody ends trimmed
1-1/4 cup leek, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
2 cloves minced garlic
Zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Sauté pancetta in a large non-stick pan over medium heat, stirring often until crisp and lightly golden.
2. Steam asparagus until bright green, almost tender. Slice into 2 inch pieces on the diagonal.
3 Add 2 tablespoon of EVOO to pan. Add garlic and stir fry until he starts to brown.
4. Add asparagus; sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add lemon and orange zest, toasted pine nuts and sauté for about one minute, until fragrant.
6. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Serve immediately.