- Day of Honey: A Memoir of Food, Love, and War
- Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch
- Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef
- Storied Dishes: What Our Family Recipes Tell Us About Who We Are and Where We've Been
- Edible Landscaping
- Truly Mexican
- The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
- A Southerly Course: Recipes & Stories From Close to Home
- The Sorcerer's Apprentices: A Season in the Kitchen at Ferran Adrià's elBulli
- Bettane and Desseauve's Guide to the Wines of France
Friday, May 27, 2011
Huh. Why didn't I think of that?
I confess, with temperatures topping 100 degrees before Memorial Day, I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for the kitchen. Happy day. Virginia B. Wood, food writer for the Austin Chronicle has a better idea: "Sit down with a book when it's too hot to cook." And the list of books she curates- all reviewed by the Chronicle's food writers - sounds delicious.