|Grilled Sweet Onion - Corn Relish|
2 -3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced 1/2 in. thick
4 shucked corn ears
1/2 red pepper, large dice
1/2 yellow pepper, large dice
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
2 or 3 tbsp fresh thyme
Juice of one lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat grill to medium high.
2. Dice onion and pepper into 1/2 inch pieces; thread on skewers, alternating onion and pepper. (If skewers are wood, soak them first.)
3. Brush corn and vegetables lightly with olive oil.
4. Lay vegetables on hot grill, turning as needed to sear with grill marks and cook until tender.
4. When tender and cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs and chop onion and pepper.
5. Mix onion, pepper, corn, lemon juice, thyme, salt & pepper in a bowl.
6. Toss gently with tomatoes.
Garnish with crumbled feta, fresh thyme. Serve with grilled fish, hamburgers or on its own.
~Adapted from Sunset Magazine.