The aroma of fresh peaches called forth a culinary experiment that turned out all right. More than all right. Divine! Serves 6.
3 cups sliced peaches
Juice of 2 lemons
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Sugar for dusting the plate
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees to compensate for the honey which tends to burn at higher temperatures. Heat to 350 degrees if using sugar.
2. Peel and slice peaches; soak in lemon juice to prevent flesh from turning brown.
3. Melt coconut oil in a 9-inch pie pan in the oven. When liquid, remove and dust with sugar to coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
4. Blend eggs, sour cream, cream, vanilla extract and salt until frothy. Quickly stir into flour, careful not to over-work the batter.
5. Pour half the batter in the bottom of the pie pan. Arrange peach slices over this. Pour remaining batter on top. Bake 45 - 60 minutes until the top puffs and turns golden brown.
Dust lightly with powdered sugar or, if too much is never enough, top with whipped cream. PS It's pronounced flow-nyard.