|Swiss Chard - Feta Quesadilla|
6 Blanco Valley Farms organic white corn tortillas
1/2 cup French sheep's milk or goat's milk feta
6 - 8 cups Swiss chard or other dark, leafy greens, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped onion
6 diced garlic cloves
2 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1. Saute' onion and garlic in EVOO until they start to caramelize.
2. Add greens and saute' until soft.
3. Season to taste.
1. Lightly oil and heat a griddle.
2. Heat tortillas on one side, flipping when they start to toast.
3. Add one tbsp of greens to the center.
4. Sprinkle with feta.
5. Fold when the cheese starts to melt.
6. Flip and toast on the opposite side.
7. Helps to hold in a warm oven until you're done.
Chef's note: Chard turns out to not only taste good, but to be good for you. The amazing variety of phytonutrients in chard is quickly recognizable in its vibrant colors. Virtually all of these phytonutrients provide antioxidant benefits, anti-inflammatory benefits or both. In addition, phytonutrient benefits of chard are believed to support the body’s blood sugar-regulating system. It also provides a good supply of calcium, an excellent supply of magnesium and the vitamin K from eating chard provides stand out bone support.
May I have some more, please?